Here was my list:
1. Use more integrated resources in my everyday lessons
- Well, I did...but not in the way I imagined I would. I thought I would use technology more in my everyday classes (Chemistry 11) but instead I used more manipulatives, demos, and then some tech like twitter, youtube, phet, etc...
2. Do more labs
- Accomplished this goal. added 7 more hands on activities/labs to the class
3. Do a better job communicating with parents...and not just the bad stuff. I want to call up a parent to say "your kid did a great job!"
- Yes and No... I communicated with parents more, but I still fell short when the kids did well. I need to work on this more.
4. Know more kids in my school.
- Made great strides here. I made a conscious effort to say hi/good morning/how was your weekend/need some help to as many kids as I could on a daily basis.
5. Go to more school sports and support my students
- Failed miserably - having a kid during winter sport season killed this one :)
6. Be passionate about more stuff
- I found and lost and found my passion again throughout the year. As always, it was collaborating with other, when I felt the spark most (thank you PLN =D )
So, overall, I think I did pretty well this year. Starting to make my list for next year already!
My question to you is: What did you set out to do? Did you accomplish it? Where did you fail?